Farndon Community Club
Sibbersfield Land, Farndon, Cheshire
£10.00 an hour – Part-time; Hours flexible; Fixed term – initially 6 months, potentially permanent
* Developing the success of the club through increased user numbers, private functions and profitability.
* With the support and direction of the Committee, manage the weekly activities of the club
* Responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the bar
* Control and be accountable for bar stock purchases and sales
* Be responsible for the security of bar takings and other monies.
* Manage all bar staff and supervise cleaning staff to a high standard.
* Keep the cleanliness and health and safety levels of the Club at a high level
* Responsible for ensuring that the Club is open on time and closed securely
* Provide excellent cellar management and stockholding produce a suitable range of products (training will be available if necessary)
* To assist in promoting the club, to increase club users, bar sales or otherwise generate club revenue
* Improving customer service for club users and visitors
Skills and competencies
* Good interpersonal skills.
* A reliable, trustworthy person who takes responsibility and has the ability to organise and manage a team of quality bar staff.
* Numerate and has relevant finance skills for bar operations
* Bar Hygiene and Pipe cleaning skills – although training will be available
* Physically able to lift or move some heavy objects
* Willing to occasionally work long hours (linked to events), some weekends and Bank holidays.
The post-holder reports to the Chair of the Trustees/ Club Committee, and is directly accountable to the Club Licensee for the operation of the bar and cellar service.
* Experience of bar work essential
* Management with responsibility for stock and staff would be desirable